Instructions for the receipt of the goods
- Verify the number of packages: if the number does not correspond to the one stated on the freight bill please write there's a missing package on the invoice.
- Verify the external condition of the packages: if the packages are not intact and show dents, damages, tore or wet parts it is mandatory to sign the fright bill as "Received damaged / wet packages - content unchecked", we will not accept generic reasons but only specific ones. In case the product has a visible anomaly please write "damaged product". We remind that even if the corner of the box is slightly dented or the box as a little hole, it is considered as damaged and the receiver must accept for example as "goods unchecked-damaged box" or "I accept with reserve because of holes on the box"
In the case the packages are accepted without specific reserves, M&L Design will be not responsible of what happened,since the courrier will not refund the damage.
- Always accept the delivery even if the packages and products have anomalies. This is the best way to receive a prompt assistance; not accepting the items and sending them back without authorization may result in a consequent double billing and extra surcharge for the stock of goods.
- Take pictures of the exterior of the packages: it is always mandatory if you've received and signed for a damaged package, however it is useful in case of product anomaly also if the package is in good condition.
- Open the packages with extreme care especially if using utility knives or any kind of blades. Sharp objects used during the opening are among the main causes of damages, being easily recognizable are not covered by warranty.
- Verify the items before proceeding with the assembly: in case of anomaly it is necessary to take a photo of the item, specifically a detailed photo of the concerned part, before completely removing the packages and before assembling the product. Follow our guide on how to correctly take photos of anomalies or defects.If customer takes pictures of the damage after the assembly, we cannot substitute the article for free.
- Handle the packages with extreme care: in case of large volumes or particularly heavy packages get the help of a second person.
- During the assembling follow the instructions: usually instructions are included inside the supply. For the more demanding steps get the help of a second person.
- Presence of anomalies during assembling: take photos of the anomaly before concluding the assembling, then contact the Customer Care to verify how to proceed.
- Always keep the original packages: at least up until you're done with the assembling process. In case of replacement is will be necessary to return the products in the original packages.
- In case you identify a possible anomaly, being a Manufacturing Defect or a Transport Damage, you must report it promptly to our Customer Care, [email protected] Reports on the External Conditions of the Packages must be made the same day or the following morning; reports on the Condition of a Product, after the Opening of the Packages, must be made within 48 hours from the receipt of the goods if packages contain marbles, glasses or ceramics and within 7 days if packages contain other materials.
- These terms and times have been determined with the Customer's interest in mind and in order to assist you at best in case of a product anomaly, especially when it results difficult to verify whether an issues has to be attributed to the manufacturer, M&L Design, the carrier or to you during the movement and assembling process of the parts, which are your responsibility. The terms concerning "hidden faults" remain valid according to the Consumers Code, for which customers have a 2-months time, from the discover of the anomaly, to report it to the Retailer (in these cases the Customer will have to send a photographic documentation and the possible return of the product will have to confirm that the defect is not a result of an "inappropriate use" from the Customer).
- Each Report must be made by sending an email with your order number, the description of what happened and a photographic documentation acquired during all the steps of the installation.